Discussion - Camera Object Tracking (Making a Mobile Robot Pt 18)

Blog post

This is the discussion topic for the video and blog post linked above. Please keep all replies relevant to the content, otherwise create a new topic.

1 Like

Dear Josh,

Thank you for your great tutorial.
I completed to make it follow your mobile robot.(95% copy yours except screen attached)
As you know I have not just copy your githubā€¦
I did step by step your tutorial.
I still need to tune the robot with make a map and autonomous driving ā€¦
still hit the obstacle during autonomous drivingā€¦
the map keeps updating and become a messy because the odom and map and base_link ā€¦ is not together after autonomous driving a few timesā€¦
rviz and robot location is differentā€¦ I think I need to tune the robotā€¦

My plan is
I will make another same robot for review from scrach.
Also try to make some friend in Melbourne to make together.
(I think more fast making than first)

I would like to ask a permission to find some friends your youtube comment and hereā€¦
Actually I already didā€¦ sorryā€¦ I could not be patientā€¦
(any melbournise interest to make a mobile robot from scratch or make a robot together, please email me john.js.nam@gmail.com)
Once again Thank you very much your great tutorial.

Yours sincerely,

John

Josh_Nam, you will probably have better odds of finding someone if you start a topic in either the introductions or meetups categories. (You will need to become a Patreon supporter to do that)

If that fails, I suggest trying to meet like minded people in real life. Your local and state libraries likely have ā€œmaker spacesā€ where you will surely find others, tell your friends that you have gotten into robots and see if they know anyone else who is interested. Especially anyone you know in university, they will surely have friends of friends who are into this sort of stuff.

Good luck with your search.

This looks like a good place to start; just start working on your project and interested parties will come to you. https://www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/community/libraries/makerspaces/Pages/makerspaces.aspx

Hey John, I think itā€™s great that youā€™re looking for people to help build with! Iā€™m happy for you posting here or in YouTube comments in aid of that :slight_smile:

As Jacob said, there are other categories that are more appropriate but to be honest the community here is still pretty small at the moment. I saw you posted on the official ROS Discourse which was a good call, and I was a little disappointed that you didnā€™t get any replies there :cry:

Iā€™ve found the Australian robotics community to be quite sparse and fragmented and hopefully one day I can do something to improve that, but I too many irons in the fire as it is.

@JacobCooke Thanks for your helpful reply!

Hi Josh,

Thank you for helping to find the someone.
Also great your lecturing.
I am slowly restart and rebuild mobile robot include studying languages.

I know you are very busy and setting new develop office/studio, Could you please blog post first before further video?
The blog is very help fully to me for as second language user.

Regards,

John

1 Like

Hi John, thanks for your feedback :slight_smile:
Yeah I know Iā€™m a bit slack when it comes to keeping the blog posts updated, itā€™s often too tempting to push on with the next video rather than sink the (not trivial) time into writing the blog post.

But youā€™re absolutely right, I know itā€™s valuable to many people - I myself much prefer to use written tutorials than video!! Iā€™ll try to find some time to catch up on the key onesā€¦

1 Like

vipul@team1314:~/work_ws/src$ ros2 launch articubot_one launch_sim.launch.py world:=./src/articubot_one/worlds/obstacles.world
[INFO] [launch]: All log files can be found below /home/vipul/.ros/log/2023-12-24-09-57-07-996881-team1314-10182
[INFO] [launch]: Default logging verbosity is set to INFO
[ERROR] [launch]: Caught exception in launch (see debug for traceback): executable ā€˜spawner.pyā€™ not found on the libexec directory ā€˜/opt/ros/humble/lib/controller_managerā€™
This is the error I am getting , can anyone help me in this.